Saturday, September 27, 2008

God is at Work...

We can feel Him working in our lives everyday & it's a wonderful feeling!
I FINALLY had a productive, busy but not overwhelming day at work Thursday. I thanked the Lord over & over. I could feel that I was covered with a Peace all day & knew mine & Eddie's prayers had been heard. The staff worked well together, the patients weren't overly demanding so it was a truely Blessed day! Thank you again, Lord! More...
Another pretty "big" thing is something called nicotine addiction. I have been praying about this burden on my heart. I've been praying for both Eddie and me. The Lord is REALLY working in our lives. It's the most beautifully strange thing I've ever witnessed. I ran across an article about quitting smoking. I sent it to Eddie's email, but I did this this morning...expecting him to read it tonight. Well he read it early & told me that last night while he was on a "smoke break", he was thinking about things...he wondered if it was about time to quit smoking! I know a person has to be ready or it won't work...nagging doesn't work, but prayer does! He's been smoking almost 30 years & has managed to cut back a good bit & maybe even not smoke for a couple days or more since we've been together but to be completely "free" from it, he's never known that feeling as an adult! I know with prayer, patience & our love for each other, we can get thru this. It's not an easy thing to do but when we have a great big God on our side, how can we go wrong! So please, if you read this, please, please, please say a prayer for us! We're asking God to take away the cravings, irritability, the desire & help us keep it that way!
Homeschooling is on our mind pretty heavy. After the delima of which school Matthew would go to, finding out the school we were forced to send him to is below average, seeing what kind of "mess" they're making the kids read, exposing him to who know's what kind of kids at school...then I read on another homeschooling bloggers blog...If you send your kids to Caesar's school, don't be surprised when they come home acting like the Romans...Makes sense! I've wanted to homeschool him since we did it for awhile when we moved to Asheville (for alittle while) but didn't think it was possible. But with my schedule working around Eddie's anyway because of the earlier shift of mine, there's really no reason we can't. To have that flexibility, less stress, less money spent to send him to "free" public school just makes good sense! School just started so I guess we'll start researching & see what we need to do to make it happen. I know the school district will frown on it if we take him out in the middle of the year but oh well. I asked Matthew if he would miss Band or anything if we were able to get started homeschooling again & he said 'no, not really.' Then he said he would miss playing football in 7th grade. I told him he would still be able to play ball for Parks & Rec (if we're even still in the country) next year so he would not miss out on that necessarily. Soooo more to pray on & make sure this is something the Lord is leading us to do.
Hopefully this week I can get some more clearing out done. I'm ready to be down to the bear necessities & not have so much "junk".
My prayer for today:
Thank you Lord for my husband, son & family! Thank you for working in our lives & hearts!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Sure will be praying about the smoking. :) And don't stress over the school's reaction if you pull Matthew out during the year. Happens all the time. Read up on how to do it right beforehand, so they don't try to tell you the wrong things (seen it happen lots of times!) YOU CAN DO IT!!!