Sunday, September 21, 2008

Progress

Well today our chickens & 2 rabbits went to their new home. One step closer to downsizing & simplifying! It was fun to watch the guys catch the chickens & load them up so not to break eggs inside of them. I will miss having the fresh eggs that are so much better than store bought but we'll just have to deal with it until we find out where the good Lord wants us, I guess. It will save us money not having to buy feed which will be a good thing. Now we have 6 rabbits to re-home. We do hope we can eventually use what knowledge we've acquired over the years of raising farm animals. We'd love to help build a "farm" for those who don't know how to get started. To let someone experience fresh eggs, rabbit meat & maybe even goat milk & soaps would be a treat for us to be involved with! I've always wanted to make soaps so maybe that's something that will be included in our future.
Eddie & I both are to a place in our careers where we're so ready to go work for the Lord. He's got such a wonderful gift of fixing & building stuff. He's very creative & has the ability where he says if somethings broken it's like he can "hear" what needs fixed. I'm frustrated with my new job because I don't feel like I can make a difference for having to run around & push pills. Yesterday was really busy & I was able to stay caught up while running up & down the halls until I got 2 admissions on top of the seven patients I had already. One of my patients had a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) from a recent motorcycle wreck & he was having a rough day...he was agitated & combative...his sitter (one of the staff assigned to him) threatened to leave work because he was so tough to handle. So I was having to intervene there & try to get her some relief. The staff aren't happy & are overwhelmed by the patient load. An employee there even told me that I was "crazy" for going to work there. It's just our small town is so controlled by the hospital here, there's just not many options for jobs, & I've been there & done that there. Right now, it's just not very realistic to seek jobs outside of our town, especially with gas prices being the way they are. We're trying to hang in there to get to where we need to be in life. It's just hard when you know there's something else out there that we're being called to do & instead have to deal with unhappiness & being worked like a dog just to make it. We'd much rather put our energies into helping bring others to Christ. We're still praying & believing.
Well we have lots to do still so one day at a time, with the help of sweet Jesus!
I guess in the next week or so, our sweet foster son will be moved. We "know" it's what needs to happen & I don't really have doubts about it, most of the time. My sweet sister pretty much begs us not to have him moved. She says she would help keep him more for us to have a break, but that's not the issue. I'm just ready to get it over with before it gets to the point where it will be harder on him and us. It's not going to be easy at any rate but we truely feel like we'll be able to get to the right place in our lives.
I guess that's all for now.
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Stonefox said...

It sounds like you have your hands full! As I read your post, I was very humbled because we get to share Christ full time with others overseas. Figuring out where the Lord wants you and then waiting for His provision is not always easy. Thank you for your post which reminded me of how blessed I am.

Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!