Monday, September 8, 2008

It's been awhile...

We had the greatest time going to watch the UFC with Ken & Christie's youth group!!! Amy kept the baby for us which was a wonderful break! It was nice to not have to worry about his needs & let us relax some.
I can imagine how tired the Hagerman family is! They had a busy Saturday still preparing to leave in November & then setting up for fight night, then church Sunday. It was so great to fellowship with them!
Well after much prayer for this past week, I'm glad the good Lord saw me thru it. I had to do 12hrs Tues, classroom orientation Weds & Thurs, then 12 hrs Friday. It was a long week but I survived. I really don't like starting new jobs. Learning the routine...learning the paper or computer work...learning the people...I don't know that I'm cut out for day shift but I'll hang in there. I would like to try night shift there. I've done nights before so we'll see.
The house has been a mess with us being so busy this weekend & it bugs me! But this weekend I have been able to try to catch up on laundry & Eddie took down the extra crib & bed in Matthew's room. Even if it's little pieces at a time, we're going to see some progress towards downsizing & simplifying! So now the bed is in the suburban to be taken to my mom's for their spare bedroom. The crib has gone to Amy to give to a young, pregnant girl she knows.
We haven't heard from anybody about transferring the baby to another foster home yet. We will miss him. I would like to think we could keep in touch & see him some but I don't want to subject anymore confusion on him than he has to have. So we'll see what happens. Maybe Amy & Dale will consider becoming foster parents so they can kind of take our place if we're called away.
Speaking of being called away, I've touched base with the Christian & Missionary Alliance about short term missions so we hope to hear something soon! Atleast to have a time line of what's next will give us something to work towards! I even mentioned Ken & Christie heading to Paraguay. That I know of C&MA go to Peru but not Paraguay...maybe we can be the "first"! We sure would love to work with the Hagerman family in making a difference in the lives of the Paraguayans!
I found a website www.studyspanish.com that might work for us! So far I've made flashcards which I think will help. I'm a let-me-see-it kind of learner so maybe Matthew will be able to pick up on it with us as we practice with the cards!
Well I have to go to work for a class...ugh...then lots of other stuff before Matthew's football game tonight in Ware Shoals. It's another manic Monday!

1 comment:

Christie said...

It was so great to have y'all with us Saturday night. And I enjoyed those wonderful brownies again Sunday morning. Scrumptious!!!