Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our near future

There's been rumors that our main source of income is in trouble, thanks to the sinking economy. It has become official now that part of Solutia has closed, leaving 300 people out of work. I've seen it on the news happening in other places, not completely surprised it's happening "to us" but hoped it wouldn't. We're expecting the second half to close anytime now, which would officially put Eddie out of work. We'll probably know something by the end of this week. It's kind of scarey but in a way we see it as a possible "next step" towards our future. We still are hearing the call into missions, we don't know where or when but it's still in our thoughts & prayers. This "permanent layoff" may be our solution to pursue another path towards that call, only God knows.
More...
In the meantime, I felt the nudging to encourage Eddie to call his dad (who he has little contact with) to see if we could get the camper back that we'd given him (when we moved back from Asheville). He was only using it for storage so I don't think we're being indian givers...I hope nobody's offended by that term...I'm not sure where that saying even originated & will make a point to look it up since it's something I've always heard as a child...anyway...He surprised us by saying he would clean it out & let us know when we could come get it!!!! We don't know if we'll have to "live in it" again but it will be an option atleast. We hope to be able to stay where we are for now but we plan to fix what needs to be fixed on the camper to make it livable, just in case.
In the meantime, I'm working on getting rid of stuff...my dear sister got our diningroom table (that we didn't eat at anyway) & a coffee table. So as I'm working on catching up laundry from the weekend of septic tank issues, I'm working on gathering stuff to get rid of.
Please pray for us!!

No comments: