Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our weekend

Each day Eddie still "has to go to work" is a blessing. We're thankful he still has a job at the moment. The "big meeting" is tomorrow so I guess we'll find out more then.
We loaded up 3 toy boxes with some toys & took them to the Salvation Army. Atleast it's one less thing to have on my list of things to do. I've managed to make a list of what we're getting rid of & have plans for alot of it, thank the Lord! There's still alot to do but we'll get it day by day.
Things have been happening gradually whether it is motivation to take care of some stuff, thoughts of how things are going to work out, even feeling led to participate more at my dad's church (in a near town, about 30 minutes away) & then in hopes of not sounding morbid, our single gold fish who's been lingering in his 10 gallon aquarium, finally gave up. It seems like things are falling into place & we are receiving some Guidance. The reason I say that about the fish is I'd been needing to buy some distilled water to add to his tank because with the filter running, it was sounding like a waterfall since the water level was about 2 gals short...It was kind of getting on my nerves, but I knew he wasn't exactly the healthiest of fishies because he had a small "growth" (like a wart) on the side of his head. I figured it was a matter of time. I also hoped we wouldn't have to "find a home" for him if he lingered. I guess that sounds selfish to not want to have to deal with the fish/aquarium during all this. Now it's just a matter of emptying the tank, etc & finding someone who wants it.
More...
Another thing is feeling led to start helping with my dad's church. We'd been to the church where he is pastor but not regularly since we've had our "own" church that we all love, plus the drive is about 30 minutes away. Tonight I took Matthew & our nephew to dad's church for their Thanksgiving dinner they invited us to. They also had 3 young ladies from Erskine College who are going to Taiwan in December! One girl went to India last year & has felt the "call" into missions since she was in High School. I hope they will come back with stories & pictures! We can't wait to go "somewhere" ourselves! We had a great time & we look forward to being more involved with the church & youth. So we'll see where they need us! There's so many things & feelings that seem like we're getting some confirmation in the direction we're heading...It's really hard to explain but I guess to say we're at Peace about the inevitable lay-off, says ALOT!
On a different note (sort of), we've had the awesome priviledge to hear some more frequent news from our friends in Paraguay! Please check out the link to the Hagermans blog on my blog list!! You can donate to their mission & they could always use your prayers!!!
Oh, as I change my blog background, my dear, sweet husband has to find the time to "fix" what I mess up like the "hide/more" button at the end of the post. So bear with us! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I found time to fix it for you, next time break it while I am off work

Anonymous said...

I Love You ;)