Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's about the Cross



I don't know if this will work...YAY!! It worked! I found this on a 'friend's' blog & thought it was really special. I'd never heard of the group Go Fish but I'll be looking for more of their music.
More...
This is off the subject but...anybody who reads this is probably going to think I've gone insane...With Eddie's job on the line, I officially quit my primary job (where I haven't worked in a month due to downstaffing, since the patient load was down for the holiday. I also was only working "prn" & a day or more/week). I am looking forward to starting another job next week so I'm not completely unemployed. I do feel alittle crazy for doing it, especially now, but I just couldn't stand the thought of going back...I think I can put a finger on what's going on with me as far as being a nurse is considered...I think "floor nursing" is what's getting to me. Having 8-10 patients, who I feel like I barely touch on their needs besides throwing pills at them & running off to give more to someone else. This "new" job is home health for medically needy kids. It will be one-on-one & hopefully alot less stressful.
Anyway, it's official now especially after I called the charge nurse yesterday evening so they wouldn't be expecting me today (Sunday)...they were probably going to downstaff me anyway...A few minutes later, I got a call from a dear friend. Her mom is a manager for a low income apartment complex in a town close by. (Keep in mind, our finances have been tight since I wasn't able to work last month.) So right here at Christmas it's alittle tough to think positive...But her call was telling me about her mom needing someone to clean apartments for future residents. The pay sounds good. It wouldn't be consistent work but I was really excited thinking this might be the "break" I've been looking for. Maybe it's some quick cash. Eddie said, "It's pretty bad you have a 3-4 year degree & you'll be working as a maid." But he said he didn't mind if it was something I wanted to do. I've been saying for the last year or so that I was about ready to go stock shelves at Walmart...just for the break of having to "take care of anybody"...I think I'll always have the nurturing nature, I just want to make a difference when I do it! Anyway, hopefully I'll hear something soon about this new little adventure so I can see if it's for me! Also, dear Matthew is excited about helping me. He has hopes of making some extra cash for himself, so we'll see!
On another note, Eddie still has his job, Thank the Lord! We hope it will make it til atleast the first of the year, but if it can make it another week or so, he'll get his vacation pay, plus maybe a couple days off.
In the meantime, my muscles are sore from moving an entertainment center & couch yesterday that we gave to a family who needed it. So we're making some progress in our downsizing. We still have a ways to go but taking it day by day makes it alittle less overwhelming. Hopefully we can make alittle money off of some stuff but we'll give away as much as we can to those who need/want it.
We're also feeling the call to attend my dad's church more often. The drive is not bad at all. The people are so down to earth & friendly. We have enjoyed & still want to stay somewhat involved in "our" church. We feel like dad's church could use what we can give in our tithe, & help with the church/youth. We'll see where the Lord leads us!

No comments: