Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stuff

Well Christmas is approaching quickly, but I've managed to stay out of the stress that can sometimes be included (so far). I feel bad since I haven't gotten any decorations out...we've gotten rid of stuff which includes one entertainment center, our livingroom couch, etc...so our home isn't in order right now anyway. I guess I've just been soaking in other folks' decorations.
More...
On another note, since quitting my job at the rehab hospital, I'm anticipating orientation with the home health for kids job. Also, I've started the apartment cleaning job. Matthew & I cleaned our first apartment yesterday. We accepted it as a learning experience to get familiar with what we needed to do & get a sort of routine so we're thorough but quick. Today was our second apartment, after we finished some last minute things from the first apt...atleast now we're more organized & know more of what to expect. I'm so proud of Matthew for picking up so fast on what needed to be done, taking the initiative when it came time to get on the ladder to change light bulbs, etc. Right now, he's very motivated to see how much money "we"/he can make so we're working on work ethic, responsibility, etc. After we got home, it was time to work on his school work...he said, "I've been WORKING all day! I don't want to work on school work!" LOL Poor guy! I guess 2-3 hrs total seemed like "all day". Atleast it is a start to showing him what "work" is. =)
In the meantime, today we got the first phone call regarding our ad to sell the suburban. We hope & pray this is God's Will! It would help our finances & get ourselves back on even keel, we hope! So hopefully we will know more tomorrow. If anybody reads this, please pray for God's Will to be done with this situation as well.
We've enjoyed getting more involved/attending my dad's church in Due West. We went Sunday & I fixed lunch for us & dad after church. Mom took grandma to her church so she wasn't able to be there with us. We're looking forward to getting more involved & helping where we can. As church was starting, I dug around in my bag, found a toy car that I had for "JJ" (our first foster son) & gave it to a little guy sitting behind us. He's 2, I think & is a sweetie! I thought it would entertain him alittle while...he loved the car, then he found the pull string that makes the car make NOISE...Ohhhh what have I done! LOL Good thing my daddy is the preacher! I mouthed "Sorry" to his mom who was trying to convince him not to make the noise...he wasn't happy & the poor guy ended up in the nursery (with his new car)...I felt so bad!!!!!!! I plan to pack more toddler friendly/quiet church toys in the future!
Thankfully Eddie still has his job! We're thankful for all the Blessings the Lord has placed in our lives! We're still praying for guidance but trying to be more specific in the next step of our adventure & maybe even alittle more info on the big picture God has in store for us. We'll see what He says!

1 comment:

Christie said...

WOW! Fun things happening your way! Matthew will learn so much from working with you and managing his time to fit it all in! How wonderful. We're praying about the Suburban. We're still trying to sell both our cars, too, and no renter for the house yet. :(