Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our day yesterday

Even though we didn't buy one, I feel it's my 'duty' to give my opinion on the Kirby vacuum demo we had yesterday! =) Eddie answered the door to a nice lady (holding a 2 liter Pepsi) asking to speak to the 'lady of the house'...By the time I got to the door, he'd already told her that we weren't going to be interested. Me & my big mouth accepted when the lady said she'd get paid just for showing it, even though she knew we wouldn't be able to buy one. I will say she & the main demonstrator were very nice, professional & eager to persuade us to buy one. I'd LOVE to have one but can't imagine paying that much money for one. The guy said there is a lifetime warranty, if the vac can't be repaired, a new vac would replace the old. So basically you'd never have to buy another vacuum cleaner again. I guess with the economy in the shape it's in, if Kirby went under, that would end your 'never have to buy a vac again'...Ohhh the dirt they pulled from my carpet...how embarrassing. He reassured me it wasn't 'my fault' but our not so beloved Dirt Devil (that has given us trouble since the day we bought it). The carpet the young man worked on in our living room is definitely cleaner. I would've loved to have the shampooer that came as an attachment but oh well...The guy said there's even a 'pet groomer' attachment. My sweet Shelby (Shih tzu) HATES the vacuum cleaner so I couldn't imagine her letting me vacuum her!! =) Anyway, that was our excitement for the day.
More...
On a different note, I had an interview before Thanksgiving with Pediatric Services of America (PSA) which is home health nursing for kids. I called yesterday (like the director told me to) & she said everything was good to go as far as getting me hired back in. The money's not as good as the hospital but I'm thinking it will be less stressful. I've come to the conclusion that 'floor nursing', having 8-10 patients I'm supposed to meet the needs for, running up & down the halls 'pushing pills' is what's bothering me the most...reason I haven't found my niche. After being in the nursing profession for 16 years, I don't feel like I'm completely burnt out on nursing, it's the type of nursing, I think. I want to make a difference & love what I do. I pray the Lord will put me where I can fulfill that dream.
I guess that's all for now.

No comments: