Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Coupons

This week I got brave, taking the first step getting back into using coupons. I've been worried about getting the wrong item, all the way into line expecting to pay one thing, ending up paying more, holding up the line, ect. My dear friend Jamie @ Grocery Girls has been helping teach me the in's & out's! Thanks, Jamie! Then my bestest friend, Tricia, who has been an avid couponer found some good deals searching the sales papers & going thru my newly cut coupons! Yay!
More...
Bear with me until Eddie can fix the "more" link in dividing the posts. He just LOVES searching thru the codes to fix my blog when I change backgrounds! Not!
Anyway, I used 2 coupons this weekend @ Bilo for Velveeta & Nature Valley Granola Bars. I'm trying to gradually get my feet wet using coupons! LOL! On the Velveeta, I ended up spending $4 after using a coupon. I did notice the Bilo brand was that price so if I'd not had a coupon, I could've gotten it for the same, just not the name brand. The granola bars were 2/$5, I had (2) $0.60 coupons that doubled to $1.20 each, totalling $2.40 off. So I spent $2.60 total= $1.30/box vs $2.50/box! I was proud of my "find". I hope to become faster & better @ finding good deals while using coupons.
Last night, Tricia went to Bilo to catch the last day of this sale @ Bilo. She'd sifted thru my newly acquired batch of coupons & managed to find a sweet deal for Dove shampoo & a conditioner, totalling $2.50 vs that PLUS some per bottle! How smart she is! I had missed that completely! I'm learning though! Plus she stocked us up on Poptarts. They were 3/$5 & she found a box with $1 off so 3/$4 was a great deal! Now our guys have some poptarts to last them a day or two! LOL! (They won't last long!)
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new sales papers & finding more good deals!
P.S. The snow didn't last long...It was sad to see it go. Maybe we'll get more, but I doubt it. I'd love "just snow" without the ice being the initial layer...Me & ice=broken bones...


No comments: