Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Savings

I had my trip to Bilo all planned, coupons tucked away in an envelope & my coupon divider pouch (just in case). I carefully went thru (but still trying to hurry back home)...I found a couple deals but was still nervous that I would mess up while trying to use the coupons. I made it to a register where I was aquainted with the cashier. I told her to bear with me since I had alot of coupons & was still learning. She was sweet but in the meantime as we were chatting, we both forgot to scan my bonus card...After coupons, I had only saved about $19...I had done my calculating all the way thru the store, expecting to only pay between $90-$100 (allowing some leeway in case I'd forgotten to add something.) My total was $145. I was devastated but I didn't know what I'd done wrong. I didn't think I could think straight enough to figure out what had happened so I paid & left...doubting whether I'd bother with coupons ever again...I looked over my receipt in the car but still couldn't figure out what happened. Long story short & after a mild anxiety attack, I made it home where my dear "sister" Tricia (who's staying with us) said it looked like my bonus card hadn't been scanned. She graciously volunteered to call Bilo & see if the manager could help me. "Jodi" at Bilo was SO helpful! He told her I could bring my bonus card, receipt back to the store & they would refund my money! Praise the LORD! I got $160 worth of groceries for $100!! WOOHOO! Granted I didn't have my coupons doubled but it was only about $3...so getting my $45 back was worth the $3 sacrifice. I don't feel so bad now! I haven't given up on coupons yet!
More...
I even scanned the discount shelves, picked up a 1/2 price package of coffee & a bag of flour. I'm looking forward to seeing how much more money I can save us. I'm learning!

No comments: