Friday, October 3, 2008

Progress in God's Time

First, I have to say I am so proud of my dear husband for truely "hearing" and listening to his personal call into missions. We have known for alittle while that we wanted to atleast do a short term trip & never really considered doing it full-time until this last month or so. We feel it's a true calling & not that we're "reading into" what we "think" is meant for us to do. We've had so many More...confirmations lately that it's almost scarey...but in an amazingly good way! We were talking last night about where we've been, our past experiences & mistakes and now where we are...more importantly where we're "going". I think we both have a great testimony but to know where Eddie's past has taken him, it is truely humbling to know his past is forgiven AND the Lord is calling on HIM to do His work. He is so amazed & I hope his testimony will lead others to Christ!
We're continuing to pray for guidance. It just feels so "right"!
Today, I took our precious foster son to his new home. I've managed to stay pretty busy getting things ready, so it might hit me alittle later. So far I'm doing pretty good. His new foster family is so genuinely sweet! I hope they get to keep him forever, because I think they will make a great foundation builder for his little life. I've probably forgotten to tell them some things, but it's hard to think of all the little quirks, likes & dislikes of a baby without forgetting some of the details. Anyway, the work isn't done yet, getting rid of all the "stuff" but I'll get to it all eventually. I'm ready to get down to the bare necessities, clean the carpets that are in desperate need of a good cleaning & just make a dent in the de-junking process. The good thing is his new foster family is willing to let us "stay in touch" like helping keep him if they need a sitter & sending us pictures. We would love to watch him grow up even if it's from a distance. I probably won't see him (intentionally) for alittle bit because I don't want to confuse or upset him. Hopefully after some time passes, we can see him again. In the meantime, we're going to be stripping our home of "stuff" & trying to move forward.
I'm kind of ready for alittle mini vacation myself. We've never really had a "family" vacation but if we can just take off & go to the mountains for alittle R&R I'll be happy! I "need" a campfire, s'mores, snugglin' with my honey & the beautiful mountain scenery. Hopefully that will be possible sometime soon! I just wish we had a camper...I wouldn't even mind a tent (with an air mattress), but I don't think Eddie's gonna go for that. Plus it's getting cooler, so we might freeze our buns off @ night this time of year in the mountains.
I have a prayer request for a dear friend...God knows her name. She's having some pretty major difficulty in her marriage. Please lift her, her husband (& kids) up in your prayers! Also, I have an online friend who is having complications in the adoption of their 3 foster kids. Please pray for that situation too!
Thanks in advance! I hope whoever reads this has a Blessed weekend! I'll be at work so you can pray for me too! =)

No comments: