Saturday, October 25, 2008

Little angel

I don't know if I've ever put my hands on a child as pitiful as the one I took care of last night. This poor baby probably doesn't know she's even in the world. If she does realize there is life around her, I don't know if she can comprehend it at all or if it's just an irritation, not understanding when she's touched or moved, etc. I probably shouldn't say much since she is in foster care. I know I can say that she, her mom (who is very young & having mental/depression problems), her near-future foster family & her biological extended family need all the prayer they can get. What a sad, sad situation.
More...
If nothing else, I believe God heard my prayer over her while I was there.
Anyway, I'm beat. I guess my night shift Tuesday night, working with the baby last night & then helping my dear, little sister out by babysitting/cleaning today has caught up with me. I laid down after Eddie left for work tonight & slept about 3 hrs!! Maybe I can catch up on some rest this weekend.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

How wonderful of you to help out with those babies. I used to take care of drug babies when I was younger and lived in the US. Such an important thing to do.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Come again!