Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our week

First off, I have to thank the Lord for helping me get thru the weekend at work (last weekend)...I don't know that I'll find my niche in life in the working world but can think of a 'job' working on God's Time Clock that would be the most rewarding experience ever!
Anyway, I ordered Matthew's HS books Tuesday. The lady (I think her name was MaryJo) at usedhomeschoolbooks.com was a tremendous help!!! The mail had already run for them so she put them in the mail Weds & we got them Friday! Yay!! Of course I was more excited than Matthew! LOL! They didn't have the History books that I wanted but I went to Ebay & there they were! In all, we spent less than $80 for his whole curriculum! Praise the Lord!
More...
The hassle part of the week was partly my fault. We let Matthew stay home (even though we didn't have the registration completed with the HS association). We did get the call Monday afternoon. I called the school Tuesday to tell them we were withdrawing him & would be turning in his books Weds afternoon. The lady I talked to (I think I've blogged this already) couldn't have cared less...then she didn't pass on the message to the right person, so we got a call the next day saying Matthew was going to be TRUENT if we didn't get things taken care of. I told them that I'd already spoken with someone & was planning to come to the school that afternoon. She proceeded to tell me I had to get there before 3p.m. since that's when the lady who handled attendance was leaving for the day. Long story short, I had to still take in an "excuse" for the days he'd missed. The worst part was how the front office (one lady imparticular) treated us when we went to turn in his books & tuba. It was like we were making her SO much more work to do. She talked to us in a degrading way, like we were clueless & bothering her.
With this beloved school, we've had issues of books & supplies missing. I know things get misplaced by my DS but I honestly think he's not completely at fault. Anyway, his Science & Social Studies book (which I've never seen come into our house) had been kept at school...are missing...Thankfully the teacher is going to check everybody's books in case someone has his "by mistake"...We spoke to the Asst Principal who said he couldn't "completely withdraw" Matthew until both books (all--he had his Math & Language Arts books) were accounted for...Soooo, we are prayerfully (is that a word) hoping that we get the $123 back.......It was sickening, but I didn't feel like I had any choice but to write the check. By the way they talked, I was afraid if we didn't handle it, we'd have a bigger hassle on our hands. We may have been taken advantage of but it's a good possibility the money will be refunded soon or atleast at the end of the year...The Lord knows our needs so He'll make sure we're ok.
Now we can get started on our new adventure of homeschooling!
Well, football season for us is done & I think we're all relieved. Today was the first (& last Playoff game) for our team. We lost by one point but the boys played their hearts out!
We went to see our dear friends (the Hagermans) & had a great time at their going away party. I know they will be missed by all!! We can't wait to see the work they're going to be doing & hope to atleast get to go help/visit them in the future!
Tomorrow we have church & I get to start making lesson plans for the week! I'm looking forward to it actually!!! Please pray for us as we get started! Also continue to remember the Hagermans as they're leaving Nov. 6th for Paraguay & remember my dear friend (with her marital issues). Thanks!


1 comment:

Christie said...

Hoping all your lesson planning went well and you're off to a great day!! It was sooooo good to see y'all this weekend! :)