Wednesday, October 22, 2008

This week

I spent the better part of Sunday evening organizing lesson plans & catching up on laundry while my guys were away. Now we're just waiting on his History/Geography books to come so we can get that started too.
In the meantime this week, I had been dreading my night shift at work (last night) for various reasons. Prayer & lots of it got me thru...
More...
'Great is Thy Faithfulness' was the song the Lord gave me yesterday morning. I was wondering if that was because there was a possibility I would be downstaffed (ie, no work=less paycheck) but it turned out not to be the case. Eddie & I prayed (for Peace & not so much anxiety). I didn't know what I was going to face when I went to work & it'd been several years that I'd worked night shift. I had another song on my heart later in the day that I wished I'd made note of b/c I can't remember what it was now. Seems like God gives me a song to hum or sing to help give me the Peace I ask for. I take it as being literally from the Lord, like He's "talking" to me.
Does He "talk" to you that way??
I did go to work after praying for my patients, the other staff I would be working with, etc. It went well & I didn't even get overly sleepy, because I had enough work to do to keep me steady. My patients rested pretty good, even the ones who had been having to take pain medicine around the clock before went longer intervals without having it. That was God's intervention!
Today I got a call from DSS asking if I would be interested in "sitting" with a foster child in the hospital. The extended family who is "involved" needs back-up at times & the child has major health issues. So I get to meet & help take care of this little one tomorrow from 3p-11p. They're hoping the baby will be placed with a foster family by next week. We feel pretty certain we're not the ones for this little one. It would take God smacking us hard to make us think different. As of right now, I don't know 'why' this has been brought before us & we probably shouldn't try to figure it out. It can be just so we come in contact with someone who needs 'us' or even someone we need to know for more info about something in our future. We don't know...we're just going to 'go with it'. So please pray for this little one (5 mth old little girl & her family, future foster family). Also pray for me (& our family) to be 'used' by the Lord, so we can be a blessing to whoever we come in contact with. We want folks to see Jesus thru us!


No comments: