Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Baby steps

We are so thankful to Ken & Christie for advice, guidance & patience with our many questions...and there will be more, guys, so get ready! LOL
This concept of missions just feels so right. I am so ready to start de-cluttering...I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up & afraid of disappointment (as it has been with trying for another biological child of our own, very temporary fostering placements, etc). I'm ready for something positive to happen in our lives (besides the 2 experiences we have had so far with fostering, which has been great but also heart-breaking too). I so want to know what God wants us to do.
We didn't go to the adoption licensing orientation class Monday, mainly because we didn't feel like that was as urgent as we originally thought. We're probably not even going to go to the class in Charleston because we feel like the money spent on the trip could be used in a better way, hopefully in the direction we're meant to be going. We think postponing some things as far as fostering is the right way to go right now. We have decided that once there is a decision for our present foster son, we won't accept anymore placements right now. We need to re-group alittle since we've been so busy with the kids we've had & need to get some things done, even if our future doesn't hold a mission trip right away...I'm even ready to clear out a good bit of the things we've collected just for fostering. I figure we bought a good bit of stuff second hand & will get it again later if we need it. Honestly, I don't think we will need it right away anyway...Besides, we might can make some money back & put towards getting our bills caught up and or put it towards our baby steps involving missions.
Before we even started discussing missions, we were talking about getting into a "taller", not so much bigger, just "taller" home. So it gives us 2 good reasons to clear out & prepare ourselves for what the future holds, whether it's a move to a taller home or checking out missions.
Today, I stopped by the P.O. to find out what it's going to take to get our passports. We have something to work out as far as Matthew's birth certificate but otherwise, it doesn't seem very complicated. Then Matthew & I went to the library. (Thanks again, Christie, for sharing your wealth of info!) I updated my library card & checked out some "learning Spanish" material. I'm looking forward to us beginning to learn Spanish as a family. I think that, along with daily devotions, will be a good mix.
I tend to over think things most of the time but hopefully with Spiritual growth & baby steps, we will have a total Peace about everything!

1 comment:

Christie said...

YAY! I love the LIBRARY!!! Keep praying... y'all are off to a great start! :)