Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Poor lil guy

Today was my sweet boy's 2nd day of school ...Middle school (6th grade), new school, new friends, new teacher...now that he's playing football again he's got a new set of coaches & only one guy he knows from last year's team. I think he's alittle overwhelmed.
We wanted him to go to the original school we'd been told he would go to but turned out we were 'zoned' for this different school. We tried to change it but we can't even get a response from the Asst Superintendent, which I think is super rude! It's so hard to see him go thru this. I do wish we could homeschool again. We have Faith that we will be able to again one day, Lord willing. I know I can't protect him all his life, but I do know how kids are now days & can be down right mean. We are trying to raise him as a solid Christian boy but having to fight the worldly stuff is hard.
He came home from football practice tonight basically depressed acting & in tears. He said he didn't know what was wrong. Finally he said he didn't want to go back to that school because he didn't like it. I know he has to adjust to a new everything but it's so hard to see him go thru this.
So anyone who happens by this blog, please pray for Matthew.
Today was my second day at a new job. Oh, Lord, will you please show us where we need to be? I love being a nurse (most days) but there's definitely something missing.
I got a call from our licensing worker saying she had a placement to discuss with us. We're not sure we want another foster child right now, with all we have going on...will we be missing out on a precious blessing if we don't accept another placement? We haven't heard from her again today so she may have found another foster home...maybe we won't even have to make that decision. I heard a commercial yesterday calling foster parents "missionaries" which isn't something I ever thought of but it can't be all we're meant to do...Can it? When she mentioned a placement, I didn't get excited like before. We have all intentions of working towards missions & have wondered if we should take alittle break from fostering in case we get a for sure call to do some sort of missions. Mainly so we can get things done & sorted, and not have to make a child make another adjustment for us to follow a dream/calling.
Well I need to crash...this has been a long day.
Please pray for us.

No comments: