Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Have Thine Own Way, Lord"

Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Thou art the potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after thy will, while I am waiting, yielded and still.
Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master today!
Wash me just now, Lord, wash me just now, as in thy presence humbly I bow.
Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way! Wounded and weary, help me I pray!
Power, all power, surely is thine! Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!
Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way! Hold o'er my being absolute sway.
Fill with thy Spirit till all shall see Christ only, always, living in me!

We received the strongest confirmation this morning. For the last couple weeks, everytime we've stepped foot in the doors of our church, the message has seemed to be pointed directly at us! Alot of the questions & concerns we have had were touched on by our preacher.
We have had so many changes in where we thought our life was going like having a farm & lots of kids to the direction we're heading in now. We believe the Lord has been preparing out hearts & lives because we were all set to be foster parents & build up a little farm. We have felt at peace and no longer feel as strong about fostering right now even though we plan to keep our license that we worked so hard to get. We've even decided to sell our chickens & rabbits. After our dear "Woody" died last month, we knew we wouldn't replace him even though Matthew has been asking for another dog for a long time. Then we lost 2 chickens & 2 rabbits mainly due to the heat we had at the time. We've put in alot of work getting things in order for the animals but it almost seems "mute" now, if that's the right way to say it. It's not that we don't care about them, it's just not our main focus anymore. So we're ready to thin out our obligations to make time & save money for other things to come.
The message this morning was about the Lord passing by & blessing us. He said once the Lord makes His presence known, nothing stays the same. Lives change, people change. As He leads, He will not leave us. He wants us to know he's with us always. He will provide for us! He wants to know that we love Him more than anything else in this world & if we do, He wants us to serve Him no matter what it takes!
Eddie & I went forward for prayer with the preacher. I was filled to over-flowing by joy, excitement, nervousness & giving myself in obedience to the Lord. I'd been thinking about the hymn "Trust & Obey"...I felt like I was doing that but wondered what else I could be doing to make sure I was "hearing" the Lord & not just my own thoughts & desires. We feel like we're getting closer to knowing "what" we're supposed to be doing in our lives. So we're "trusting & obeying". Now I can honestly say I feel like we're obeying. Before, we'd prayed about our family & farm...thinking we were where God wanted us, but all that has changed.
Now we're preparing to go live with my grandma in hopes of taking care of her until the Good Lord calls her Home. I'm sure in the next days or months the Lord will be preparing us for what comes after that.
In the meantime, we will be working towards clearing out & preparing for our foster son to go to his new family. It's going to be a busy & emotional next few weeks but we atleast have the Peace in our hearts that it's what we're supposed to do!
We have a wonderful friend (& her family) who will be like mentors to us. Please pray for the Hagerman Family as they persue God's calling in the life!

No comments: