Monday, August 11, 2008

Guidance & Direction

Ya know how when you get excited thinking about possibilities for the future, new goals, etc & there is like a "honeymoon period" when feelings might diminish & a person gets back into the mundane part of life, thinking it'll never happen? (Whew that was a long sentence! LOL) Well we have alot to be praying about as far as our guidance & direction from the good Lord.
Today...well let me go back to this past weekend...When I found my friend Christie's blog, it was like a light came on in my head. Could missions of some sort be what we need to be involved with? Maybe we're just meant to be in the USA helping our friends who are going to Peru. But Christie hit the nail on the head when she said God was speaking to her heart saying, "That's 'ok' but that's not IT" (when it came down to the little steps towards missions). Well like I said before, there's something we're missing in our life as a family. We still don't know exactly yet but we think we're being spoken to & are praying for guidance. We're afraid of jumping the gun when it might be just our thinking of what we think God wants us to do...did that make sense?
Eddie has always said he has a God-given gift to fix things & I agree. He's so able and has always wanted to use his "gift" but hasn't been sure where or when or even how. I have always been a nurse. It's the only career I've ever known but I'm not finding true satisfaction in that anymore. Could our talents/knowledge be what God wants us to use in a mission type setting? Is it just our imagination or just the excitement of something new & unknown? I don't think so, atleast not totally. Right now, we're very open to a "mission trip" for starters. I do think there's more, but we don't for sure know what. Eddie woke up this morning with missions on his mind, even singing "Dance with my Father" (worship song from last night). He even expected a lull in emotions from our experiences this weekend. Instead this morning, he was even more sure there's something we're supposed to be doing. He even said he felt like if the Lord wanted us to, it wouldn't be impossible to be on the same plane as Ken, Christie & family when they leave in November. I'm alittle more hesitant about that being realistic for us right now but I know God is in control & very much capable of making that happen.
Ok, this weekend, along with finding Christie's blog, we were very touched & had a light come on in our hearts. Well, after almost staying home from church (out of laziness), we got to church to hear a MISSIONARY as the morning speaker. He was an "on fire" missionary to truck drivers! He had an amazing story! We had to smile about all we'd been talking about & then go to church to be receiving a message from a missionary! It was like a "Ok, God, we're hearin' ya!" moment. I was so psyched to get to go see Christie & family and hear what they had to say about their journey towards missions. It was all that & more!!! I could definitely feel the Lord moving in that church! I get goosebumps thinking about it now! I felt so "washed" over by the Holy Spirit it was unreal! That's not something you can be unsure about. I drank it all in & could've stayed all night soaking it all in. Christie, Ken & the girls did a wonderful job putting their mission out there. To be reunited with someone after 10 years, knowing they were still the same & having that confirmed was such a blessing! To actually be friends with someone that on fire for God, someone who wants to risk it all, all they've ever known in this world, to do God's work is the most amazing feeling that can't really be put into words. I am so proud of them!!
After the service, we went out to eat with Christie & alot of the church folks. It was so great to get to catch up with them. Everybody made us feel so welcome! I hated to leave afterwards.
Now we have alittle more to go on. I still have more questions but we atleast have an idea where to start. Even if the Lord only wants us to go on a short term mission trip, we're willing.
Well I guess I'd better get moving on other stuff for the day even though it's exciting to try to put into words what we're thinking & praying about. We know things will fall into place as they're supposed to happen. It will just be hard to be patient.

No comments: